The Society of Telkom Engineers (STE) is a non-profit, ECSA recognised Voluntary Association that has been in existence for over 50 years. Since its establishment in 1956, the Society continues to pursue its core mission of promoting the professional and occupational interests of its members.
Towards this mission...
...the Society engages actively and constructively with:
- The employer Telkom SA, on the range of employment issues affecting members.
- The engineering profession statutory body ECSA, particularly on professional registration and training/developmental requirements bearing on its registered members.
- Other professional organisations, institutes, voluntary associations, etc. within the Engineering/ICT domain, with a view to networking collaboration and promotion of the engineering profession and its practitioners.
The Society promotes:
- Professional registration with the Engineering Council of SA (ECSA) or other relevant legal/statutory bodies.
- Membership of professional organisations e.g. South African Institute of Electical Engineers (SAIEE) and Institute of Professional Engineering Technologists (IPET).
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Networking and collaboration within the ICT industry.